Sunday, December 13, 2020

The First Dragon of Christmas: Sarah KL Wilson

 #12dragonsofChristmas #12daysofdragons

In honor of the holiday season, I have decided to do something new. I love dragons. And as an #indieauthor, I know how important word of mouth and reviews are to the self-published author. Since getting #kindleunlimited #KU I have found a plethora of fun, unique dragon-related books and wanted to share them with you! The only caveats to me choosing these books are A) They have dragons B) They are on KU and C) I enjoyed them.
Picture is not mine. I found it by googling Dragon Christmas Images
Do you like dragons? If not, I'm not entirely sure why you're here, but that's okay. All are welcome. I originally got Kindle Unlimited specifically because I was in a reading slump. I had read (and reread) all of my favorite dragon books and absolutely craved a new one. In 2018, I posted on a facebook group asking for new suggestions, hoping maybe, just maybe one of the suggestions would catch my eye. Sarah KL Wilson was one of those suggested. She had just published the 5 or 6th book in her Dragon School series. It was pitched to me like this: A young, disabled girl follows her dreams to become a dragon rider.

Short, sweet, and too the point.

All of the books were available on Kindle Unlimited and they had a sale going on for the first two months of KU free. I figured I would get KU, use it for the free months and then unsubscribe.

Oh how wrong I was.

I got KU specifically to read these books and I have never looked back.

Dragon School follows Amel, a 16-year old girl with a crippled leg, and her dragon Raolcan. Each book is relatively short and a perfect example of what Episodic Fiction is. In fact, I got the idea for making my series an Episodic Fiction from this author's books.
(Obviously my books are no longer novella length, but that was the original intention.)
This author has a multitude of other books, many of which take place in the same world following different characters (such as Dragon Chameleon and Dragon Tide).

I would rate all of these books between four and five stars. And anytime I've had a break in my writing, long enough to really get absorbed into a book series, I check to see if Wilson has a new dragon series.

Have you read anything by Sarah KL Wilson? If so, who are our favorite characters?

Tomorrow, the second dragon of Christmas will be revealed! Until then,
Shelby

P.S. If you haven't checked out Chosen, book 1 of the Enchanted Trials, by me, here's a link! It is available on KU and there is a paperback version out there too!








No comments:

Post a Comment