Monday, December 14, 2020

The Second Dragon of Christmas: Vickie and Danny Knestaut

 #12dragonsofChristmas #12daysofdragons

In honor of the holiday season, I have decided to do something new. I love dragons. And as an #indieauthor, I know how important word of mouth and reviews are to the self-published author. Since getting #kindleunlimited #KU I have found a plethora of fun, unique dragon-related books and wanted to share them with you! The only caveats to me choosing these books are A) They have dragons B) They are on KU and C) I enjoyed them.
If you missed the First Day, it is here.

I do not own this picture. I found it on Pinterest.



For the Second Dragon of Christmas (or the Second Day of Dragons), I have chosen Vickie and Danny Knestaut. They are a married couple who write the Dragoneer series.

This series was one that I couldn't put down, although I was required to because the last few books weren't out when I started reading it.
It follows Trysten, the daughter of the Dragoneer of Aerona, after her father is injured. She is ready to take up the mantle of becoming the next Dragoneer for the Weyr. The problem? Women aren't allowed to be Dragoneers because it is well known dragons don't bond with women.

With fighting season fast approaching, she needs to prove to her village, the dragons, and herself that she has what it takes to succeed in her dreams.

I love this series because not only does it have a strong lead character, but the supporting characters are all well developed and her family is very loving. I've read more than my fair share of bad family environments in books and this was the first one in a long time that had a good family.

If I'm asked for any suggestions, I always say this one first.
If you want to take a look at it, the link to the first book is here!

Until tomorrow,
Shelby
Also, you can preorder Secrets, the seventh book in the Enchanted Trials here!

No comments:

Post a Comment