Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Let's Hit 2019 Out of the Park

Nine days late for my Welcome to 2019 post.

But unlike all of my poor excuses for the past few months of lacking posts, I think my excuse for at least the first portion of being late on this one is pretty legit.

I was in Europe.

It was incredible. Although this post isn't about that trip (that post will come tomorrow).

And then I was down and out so hard I actually went to the doctor. If you know me, then you know I avoid going to the doctor unless it's absolutely necessary.

So I was on hold for an appointment yesterday for about 45 minutes before I decided to just go to Urgent Care because you don't need an appointment for those. I go in, fill out paperwork, get called back super quickly. They test me for the flu, and it comes back negative. "What else could it be?" "Well, I can guarantee it isn't strep." "Let's test for strep." "But..." "Nope, you're throat is slightly pink, it has to be strep." "I've had strep, my throat doesn't even hurt." "We'll test you for strep." That came back negative. "Are you pregnant?" "No." "Are you sure?" "Positive." "We'll test for that before moving forward." Negative. I also don't have Mono, Malaria, Meningitis, or Pneumonia.

Had I been thinking clearly, I could have saved myself so much time. You see, I get REALLY bad allergies when traveling through different cities. Goodness, I have to consistently take Benadryl at home (but I'm also allergic to my cat). I took my Benadryl the first two nights of the trip. The last time I had symptoms even close to this trip was when I was in grade school and my doctors were like "oh, she's just allergic to the air. Keep her on allergy medicine and she'll be good." 

Normally I can go up to a week without it, but between the exhaustion, dehydration (let's be honest... I drank -- but I'm legal in all countries), and other factors, I guess my system couldn't handle it.

But enough of that, you'll get a way more detailed version of my trip tomorrow.

2018 was phenomenal.

It had its high points and its low points. But the highs well outweighed the lows.

I went to so many different places. Both in the country and out.

I've met so many absolutely incredible people.

I went to Belize alone.

I became a shift lead at my work place.

I finished a first draft (and have nearly finished a second first draft).

When I started this blog back in 2016, I was an anxiety-ridden, self-conscious, unhappy child lost in a darkened room.

I begin this year, much more self-assured, much more confident, much more aware of who I am.

No, I am not perfect. I still don't have a book out yet. I still don't quite make the amount of money I wish I did (because student loans, you know).

This year, I am confident will be just as exciting, if not more.

It started out in a foreign country (or two). I'll be going on a cruise in March, wedding in Vegas, Peru in June, and a wedding in Missouri. That's probably all of the big trips, but who knows what life has planned or what sudden things pop into my view and hit my fancy.

I do plan on looking back into transcribing for extra funds since I do have a pretty high WPM, but I'll also continue putting in extra hours at work.

Writing-wise, this year I will be finishing another first draft and a second draft (at minimum).

Health-wise, I'm getting a good start in that since I've been home I've cut sugar and been eating less junk food already. I'm getting back into eating much healthier and working out again.

Who knows, perhaps this will be the year I finally actually apply for a reality show. The Bachelor and Survivor are both still top contenders XD

What are your goals for this year?

Until next time,
Shelby

1 comment:

  1. Hello'''
    Do You Need A Loan To Consolidate Your Debt At 2% rats interest? Or A Personal Loans * Business Loans etc. We Offers Financial Consulting To Client, Companies Seeking Debt / Loan Financing And Seeking For Working Capital To Start A New Business Or To Expand Existing Business. Intermediaries / Consultants / Brokers Are Welcome To Bring Their Clients And Are 100% Protected, we are located in USA California, Interested Parties Should Contact Us For More Information Via E-mail: paydayloanservices990@gmail.com or whatsapp +13479806601

    ReplyDelete