Sunday, December 4, 2016

Progress Report #7

I cannot believe it is December.

Like whatsoever.

What happened to the entire year? It just vanished. Poof. Without a trace (or as the deepening wrinkles on my forehead attest to, with a noticeable trace.

It is that time again, time for a progress report on my journey to becoming a better Shelby, you know, what this entire blog is about.

Dancing With the Stars is over for this season, meaning it is very possible they will have an author on the show next season and all my dreams will be crushed, so I have to get back into writing a lot quickly. So that is what I'll be doing after this is posted.

Current Weight: 139.4 lbs (I've been fluctuating between 139 and 142 for awhile now, but I'm confident that's about to start moving down again)

Words of 2nd Draft: 61302 (The other day I got frustrated with it and rewrote two chapters after deleting three -- I know I said I wouldn't do that, but it was a moment of weakness and it was either do that or just chunk the whole thing in despair. I think I decided on the proper course of action).

Words in New Piece: 6626 (The amount I got to before I gave up on NaNoWriMo)

Amount of Literary Agents I've Looked at for my Picture Book Manuscript: 37 (This was prior to rereading that you should have three manuscripts ready to submit that show the breadth of your abilities.)

Current Temperature Outside: 54℉ (Aka too cold for me.)

So, as I said, it isn't a long post today. Just a quick progress report.

Until Next Time,
Shelby Hild

No comments:

Post a Comment