Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Final Progress Report of 2016

Yesterday was a sad day. My thoughts and prayers go out to Carrie Fisher's family and friends. 

With that, I'd like to take a moment just to remember all the people we have lost in 2016. It is a very high number. So here's to everyone who has lost a family member, friend, acquaintance, or pet (which for many would also be put under the family category). 

And I also want to spend a moment to think about all those who have passed this year who don't have anyone to mourn them. 

******************

This is my last post of 2016. Don't worry, I'll be back next year. 

It has been a rough year. Not as rough as 2015 and rough in completely different ways, but rough nonetheless. 

I started this year with a post about numbers the doctor would record about me, so I figured why not end the year with a similar list?

Age: 24
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 140.1 lbs (yes, that makes my BMI 22)
Siblings: 3
Pets (that are specifically mine): 1
Cities lived in: 3
States visited: 12
Blankets: 13
Jobs: 4
Books read last year: 126 (will probably be 127 by the time the year ends)
Lucky numbers: 3, 5 (and any multiple of those)
Favorite number: 15
Instruments playable: 1.5
Years in a band: 11
Year in marching band: 8
Best Friends: 2
Medical Issues: 4 (Allergies, Eczema, PCOS, and Strabismus-- this one isn't really a big deal anymore after two surgeries to help it)
Average amount of weekly words written: 2500

Not much has changed, but a few things have. I'm another year older and about 20 lbs lighter. I've read quite a bit (although a handful of those are actually children's picture books so I'm not totally sure if they count, but I totally let them).

My New Year's Resolution was to better myself. Overall, I am happier, healthier, and closer to moving on out on my own (not much closer, but closer). Next year, although I'll have the same goal of bettering myself, it's going to be slightly different. I'll get more into that in my next post (aka the first post of 2017).

Hopefully next year will continue my path for bettering myself.

Until Next Year,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment