Monday, February 8, 2016

Staying Motivated

This last week was a bad week.
In every aspect of what I've been trying to accomplish.
-I failed at eating healthy. Like absolutely failed.
     One day at work, my lunch wasn't quite filling and so I went to get something to munch on from the cheap dollar store nearby. They didn't have any healthy choices so I got some unhealthy ones. My week continued down that path and I had bootloads of pizza and chips and cookies.

-I only exercised once. It was a run/walk.

-Mentally, I just wasn't in it at all. I was grumpy and unhappy in my mind.

-I only wrote like 2000 words total.

Normally, when I have a week like this when trying to get fit or eat better (granted normally it happens on week three rather than five or six) I feel so bad and guilty that I GIVE UP.

I refuse to give up though. It's a setback, that's all.

All day I have been telling myself:
-I am strong.
and
-I can do this.

I might not actually be terribly strong, but I will be. I know I can do this.

I've packed my lunch for today (a yummy looking salad). I went for a run this morning (finally moving on to week 3 of the couch to 5K program). Later, I'll go to work, but before that, I'll do some writing.

This time I will not give up.

This time I am determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment