Monday, April 4, 2016

Progress Report #3

Here I sit, watching Dancing with the Stars with my mother, and looking forward to the day I am on there as the first author on it known as an author. This week is the Most Memorable year and I keep having to pause writing to be sure I don't miss anything. (Oh my gosh, Doug's story and Waltz to the Rainbow Connection was heart breaking).

Anyway, today is my third progress report on this journey to a better me.

I am going to preface my numbers here with the fact my scale is doing weird things (either that or I manage to lose and then regain over twenty pounds in a week).

So, here we go.

According to my possibly malfunctioning scale, I currently weigh 147.3 lbs which is 2 pounds lighter than last month. That makes total weight lost in 1/4th of a year 12.7 pounds. It isn't as much as I'd like to see, but again it is still progress.

Where writing is concerned, my progress is moving consistently and I currently have 90,220 words written. I am in the process of writing the third act of my story and it is moving rapidly toward the climax and thus the conclusion. It is 100% absolutely and completely terrifying. I can't even express how anxious it is making me as I near the end of the first draft. The only thing that is keeping me moving forward is the knowledge that this draft is supposed to suck. Like it is so bad I'm pretty sure I can fertilize the entire garden in my backyard for twenty years. Maybe even fertilize the Keukenhof in South Holland.


I know this is a short post, but seriously. It is Dancing with the Stars time. 
At least I can say I haven't completely given up on my New Year's Resolution yet! Are you still working towards one? Or do you have something new that you're working towards? Feel Free to comment below,
Until next time,



Shelby Hild

No comments:

Post a Comment