Monday, April 11, 2016

Top 5 Travel Destinations

This last week has been remarkably good. More so than I was anticipating. Not that I was expecting this week to be a bad week or anything.

Just a quick list of what occurred: 
  • Dancing with the Stars --Mischa Barton went home. I, for one, am happy about it. It bothered me that she blamed Artem for her not being able to dance or do well when she acted as though she didn't want to be there. Why sign up for a show that you don't want to do? Granted I don't know a lot about her, so there could be more in there. If I cared more about her, I would do some research, but I don't, so I won't. 
  • It was Pay Week, so I'm no longer broke. For the next like week.
  • Outlander Season 2 Premiered -- I love this series, based on the books by Diana Gabaldon (which are also fantastic). Currently I am rereading the book that this season is based on (Dragonfly in Amber) and I enjoy it just as much. This is a book series I'd highly recommend for reader who like basically any genre because this book has it all. 
  • My section at work started Full scanning yesterday, which always puts me in a good mood. Seriously. There is nothing better than spending the whole day just scanning every book in Kids, Parenting, and Religion. It gives the perfect time to reorganize things and anything that grants you time to reorganize in Kids is something to be thrilled about. 
  • Hathor. That's really all I have to put there, she's the delight of my life. (Granted she is currently hiding under my bed because it is thundering and storms scare her poor baby.)
  • My WIP is SO CLOSE TO BEING FINISHED. AHHHHHH 
That isn't all of what occurred, but it is close. And just add the fact that Game of Thrones Season 6 starts so soon, I can't wait, this week is bound to be just as good. If not better. 

Today's post is all about a specific section of my bucket list: Travel. 

Now, I know when asked where I want to go, I always say everywhere. That's true. I do want to go everywhere. But that is kind of unrealistic at this point in my life. Especially since I don't want to do all the tourist-y stuff.

I do want to do the tourist stuff, but I also want to experience places as the inhabitants do. 

There is also the fact that I've not been many places even in the US. Everywhere I have been, I can thank band. Go Frogs.

Anyhoo, here we go. 

1. Scotland -- Who wouldn't want to go to Scotland? Let me rephrase that. Of the fans of Outlander, who wouldn't want to go to Scotland? Pictures show such beauty there. And I'd love to look more into the Mythology and Folklore of the land actually in the land. And I have some Scottish Heritage.

2. Germany -- Speaking of places that my ancestors came from, I can't forget Germany. I've known many people who have been here and rave about it.

3. Mexico -- I live in Texas. I've lived here most of my life. and I've never been to Mexico. When I think of history, there is a lot there. This is a place I'd love to explore all of the tourist-y things without feeling too bad about being a tourist. 

4. India -- When I try to think of a place that's culture is drastically different than my own I think of India. Despite having a history minor, I don't know a lot about India and I would love to change that by going there. 

5. Ethiopia -- Although I want to travel all through Africa, for some reason. Maybe it is because when in school for some reason it was the only one I could continually locate when learning the Countries of Africa, or maybe it is because it is fun to say. Egypt is a close second on Countries I want to visit in Africa, so there is that too. 

Again, I want to go to all places, not just these five. And some day, when I'm done paying off student loans (yuck) I will eventually go traveling.

What are your top travel destinations, both places you've been and places you want to go? Feel free to comment!

Until Next Time,
Shelby Hild

No comments:

Post a Comment