Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Remaining Dragons of Christmas

 I'm sorry.

I completely failed at doing a post a day.

Apparently going from not really posting at all to posting everyday for 12 days was biting off way more than I could chew in regards to creating posts. 

Although I do plan on getting back on the ball of posting consistently (especially with everything that is going to be happening next year--Hello moving to France!-- I figure y'all will want to keep up to date on my plans), I guess trying to do it all in one go is NOT the way to do it.

So, here are all of the remaining authors that I had collected. 

Randy McWilson was #8. His series, the Arlon Prophecies, involves a world where each kingdom has a "Chosen" one that want to be acknowledged by the dragon. The book follows Arlon who is not a fan of being one of the Dunamai. You can find the first book here!

Next up is Jessica Drake. She was the first author of anything considered "steampunk" that I've ever read and I thoroughly enjoyed her Dragon Riders of Elantia series. It follows Zara, a woman who has an ability to discover treasure. She is sent on a mission to steal something of value by the man who raised her and a dragon egg winds up hatching for her. It's a well thought out series that you can find the first of here.

Devonnie Asher is someone I recently picked up due to suggestions. The main character Kaos steals a dragon egg that hatches (which might be a theme in a few of these books). It bonds with her and chaos ensues. The 5th book came out recently, and you can find the first one here.

Most recently, I've discovered  Alisha Klapheke. She is one of the rare occasions that I picked up the book because of the cover. Although I have only read the first one, I immediately downloaded the second and plan to start reading that today. In a world where humans are practically extinct, the last human is allegedly the last chance at saving the remaining land from the evil Sea Queen. The only problem is the "Earth Queen" human doesn't have an magic. It is very enjoyable and you can find the first book here.

The last author is unique on this list because the dragons, they aren't good. They aren't helpful. They've enslaved humanity and the main character, Beryl, wants them dead. The only book in the series so far, Viridia, can be found here.

All of these books are good reads that I highly recommend. And all are available on Kindle Unlimited. 


I don't plan to post again until 2021, so I hope you all have a fantastic new year. Despite this year being considered by many as a horrible year (which I completely understand), I'm trying to think more of the positive. A lot happened this year and next year looks to have even more. 

Stay safe,

Until Next Time

Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment