Thursday, December 17, 2020

The Fifth Day of Dragons: Mike Shelton

 For the Fourth Day of Dragons, my kindle gives to me: Mike Shelton's Alaris Chronicles. 

I do hope each of you read that with the tune of the song in your minds. Even if it went a little wonky there at the end. I am aware that I switch the title up a bit, because I think I like the sound of the 12 Days of Dragons more than the 12 Dragons of Christmas. But I'm still playing around with it.

Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, and Day 4

This is not my picture, I found it on Google. If you KNOW whose picture it is, please let me know. I love it.


Anyway, Mike Shelton. Mike, Mike, Mike. 
I'll admit, it has been a few hot minutes since I've read the Alaris Chronicles. But I will admit, I apparently enjoyed them so much that I bought them after reading them on KU. 

The first book is The Dragon Orb which follows 3 main characters through political intrigue and dangers as the barrier that has protected them from outside forces for 100 years is weakening. 

Apparently I'm really enjoying things that have magical barriers falling these days as two of my book series have them (yes. Two--but if it means anything, the Barrier in the Enchanted Trials was inspired by the one in the Lost Hope since they're set in the same world.) And I really enjoyed them in the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (RIP).

Anyway, there are battles and chaos galore in the series, along with betrayal and heartache. If I remember correctly, they do end positively without me being angry at the books. I even followed his author page on Amazon! 

He has a relatively quick writing speed and releases a new novel about once every couple of months so you don't have to wait forever for something new from him! 

Until tomorrow, 
Shelby
P.S. The Visa consultation today went beyond well and I'm super excited for the world to open back up.
P.P.S. Secrets comes out in THREE days!!!
P.P.P.S. There is still time to preorder it!
P.P.P.P.S. The proof for Magic comes in TODAY which means if all looks good, it will be up to get in paperback around the same time Secrets comes out!
P.P.P.P.P.S. You can start from the beginning of the Trials here and all book will be available on KU!
P.P.P.P.P.P.S. When I was younger and didn't know what P.S. stood for, I thought that when you added another one after the first you doubled the 's' instead of the P.


No comments:

Post a Comment